Tuesday 1 November 2011

Review of Preliminary Exercise

In the production of this task I created the shot list and was a character acting in the exercise. We all took part in editing the clips into the final outcome of the exercise. 


Through filming and editing the exercise I have learnt four specific things:
  • This includes using I-movie to edit a film. I used the sound editor tool to add specific sound effects to clips and replaced unwanted sounds e.g unnecessary voices and background noises
  • I also learnt how to use the continuity edit to make the film flow and go together. I cut and copied different parts of clips to do this. 
  •  I learnt about the different shot sizes and what works well with the scene and what does not.
  • Finally, I took directions from other members of my group and improvised with dialogue to improve the scene. 
Overall, the finished product was quite successful as it told a story and all the clips flowed well. For example, we added more clips into parts of the film in order to make the continuity better. When we first filmed the preliminary exercise it did not go to well as the camera dropped down at one point and there were lots of unnecessary sounds and voices within the clips. However, we used I movie to edit these things and the film turned out better than expected. Finally, the aural sounds went well with the visual aspects and we learnt from the mistakes we had made in the task.


by Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment